Friday, February 10, 2006

unemployment blues

Unemployment Blues

I woke up late this morning
Monday’s here again
Supposed to be at work by the dawnin’
And the clocks just gone ten
The bus gave me a call later
Sayin’ where the hell are you?
I’ve terminated your contract
And your business here is though

I want a job but it seems nobody wants me
I need a job but it seems nobody needs me

I got the unemployment blues
I’m doin’ the doll cue boogie
I don’t know what to do
About the unemployment blues

You see I didn’t do to well at school
College sorta sucked
They’ve always said that life can be cruel
Now I’ve sorta stuck
I’ve never needed to work a day in my life
The cash has always been there
Now I’m getting’ kicked outta home
And I’m so not prepared

I need a job but it seems nobody needs me
I couldn’t get a job if it came up and hit me

I got the unemployment blues
I’m doin’ the doll que boogie
I don’t know what to do
About the unemployment blues

I woke up early this mornin’
I woke up with a smile
I finally got a call last night
Someone likes my writin’ style
He said he wants to use my songs
And that he’s gonna make me a star
All I gotta do is write good tunes
And I’m gonna go far

I got a job so it seems somebody wants me
I don’t need a job so all I gotta do now, is find some love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home